Sunday, January 2, 2011

Joy to the World!

What a great Christmas this year!  Its really fun to see the traditions unfold for our little family of two, and I look forward to creating more as we go through life together.  I like to let traditions happened naturally and not put too much pressure on "its Christmas...we MUST ______________."  It seems that Larry and I usually do a private celebration on the 23ed, exchange gifts and just spend the evening together.  I may even get to listen to a Christmas song that does NOT include George Strait, which my husband thinks is the ONLY quality Christmas music out there.  This was our first Christmas in our first home, and it sure was memorable!

Christmas Eve my mom, brother Trevor and his girlfriend Martha came to our house.  We have our traditional Christmas Eve dinner of tamales and mexican food....YUM....and open gifts.  Yes we are Christmas Eve present openers.  I can sure understand why people wait to Christmas morning, but its just the way both Larry and my families have always done it.  I knew we were meant to be together!




You would have thought that we were all still 10 years old by the amount of presents under the tree!  Everyone was so thoughtful in their gift buying.  My favorite present is a dead tie for my new camera....THANKS Larry!....and my framed pictures my mom put together.  These things are absolute treasures to me and I can't wait to find the perfect spot in our home for them.  They are pictures of my grandparents and great-grandparents when they were younger, my great-grandmother and my grandmother walking down the street looking for her wedding gown, wedding pictures, etc!  Love, love, love them.  Martha and Trevor are awesome gift givers as well!  I was thrilled by the many gifts they gave Larry and I.


Christmas Day all of Larry's family came in, minus our brother-in-law Christian, who was busy getting a couple of projects around his house finished so his family could move back in their home.  I can totally understand making the most of every second you have off!  Most importantly he sent his son, Ewan, so we could love on the little guy.  Absolutely precious!

Margaret did all the cooking.  I'm so lucky to have a mother-in-law, who is such a great cook!  I hardly did a thing.  By the time I finished eating I'd walk in the kitchen and it would be spotless!  Now that's the way to host =)  It was so great to see everybody and we enjoyed as a family one of the best sermons I've ever heard at A&M Church of Christ.  So inspirational....it focused on who we should be as Christians and the abounding Grace that should spur us to live our lives in obedience to Him.  Death to self!  Life in Him!  AMEN!





Merry Christmas to All!!

For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.
Isaiah 9:6

No comments:

Post a Comment