Monday, January 3, 2011

Auld Lang Syne

There is nothing like a weekend spent with some of your very best friends to make you stop and wonder at how truly blessed by God you are.  This most certainly was the case for me this weekend.  I've often questioned how God was going to make living apart from my support system and most dear people in the world work for my greater good and His greater glory.  Well, I may not completely understand this, but I feel like I do have some insight.  It may sound cliche, but I appreciate them SOOO much more now. 

This weekend began with Larry and I heading down to see Rachel and Grant with their two little ones Ava Grace and Nolan.  We really haven't seen these little guys in a while and its amazing to see how fast they grow!  Ava's vocabulary is getting enormous and is taking to being a big sister really well.  We are very into princesses and I was dubbed Cinderella upon entering the front door =)  Nolan is crawling/army crawling and is just the sweetest baby ever!  Please Lord let us have kiddos like these two!  R & G hosted a really great NYE party at their house and my how times have changed!  We had 3 babies and two tottlers and our discussions revolved around these precious angels and what everyone had been up to since we left.  Ugh, who could blame us though....look at these cuties!
Reed, Nolan, and Noah

Ava, Riley and Nolan
We, of course, ate well.  Rachel is a truly fabulous cook and anything that I have made of hers makes me an instant hit at any gathering and provides pats on the back for Larry with comments of his excellent marriage choice.  I'm quick to pass the credit to her, one because she deserves it and two, because I'm desperately wanting her to do her own blog and share these delicious recipes with the world!  I'm thinking peer pressure is the way to go!  I had such a blast shopping with Rachel and then going to Whole Foods.  I love that place and wish we had something like it in ole CS.  I hear there is a farmers market and organic grocery store around here somewhere....I need to look into that.  I also got to meet Rachel's old friend Kyra and her son Jake.  Absolutely precious people.  I look forward to hanging out with these girls again soon!

Sunday morning we visited our old church, First Colony COC.  I love this place so much.  It was where I really got to know and love God.  It was so great to see old friends and mentors and the song service is wonderful!  Very fitting for this weekend's activities, we heard a sermon on friendship.  I have chosen so wisely in my friendships, if I do say so myself!  I don't really like new year resolutions, but if I had to pick one it would be to be a better child of God, wife, and friend.  Its really my daily resolution to honor God in these ways.  Pray for my growth!
Rachel & Sheila - love these sisters!
We were supposed to go watch the Jags and Texans play, but this game just wasn't meant to be!  The night before we found out that the game was moved from 12 to 3 and that just wouldn't work because we had house guests arriving at 3.  Not just any house guests, but Bekki and Alan were in from Africa!  I never would have believed that we would have seen them again so quickly after our visit to their home.  We all picked up like no time had passed.  Andrea, who hadn't seen Bekki in forever came over and then several more of our friends.  We ordered Wings n More, and used our time driving around getting food, drinks, etc to sing along to the Mama Mia soundtrack.  Haha I love those girls!!  We stayed up late catching up.  What awesome memories.  I have no idea when the three of us will be together again, but I cherish the moments we are!
 Sara helping me get ready for the group
 Birds of a feather.....
Sara

 Blanton and Jenn
Bekki and Alan
 Andrea =)

Catching up....Sara's dog macy is under the sheets of our very un-finished bedroom...I'll get to it this week, maybe?

But as for me, I will hope continually, And will praise Thee yet more and more
Psalms 71:14

1 comment:

  1. I love all of your blogs, Rach, with the insights and perspectives you share. It was so awesome having the three of us girls together again, and I loved the addition of Andrea as well. Thanks to you and Larry for being the accommodating and wonderful host/hostess as always. Can't wait for this weekend!

    ReplyDelete