Tuesday, September 6, 2011

The Waiting Game

Well, we are enjoying being relatively boring patients after a mostly uneventful night.

We only had one scare where Reagan's heartbeat dropped below where the nurses were uncomfortable, but after some repositioning she has been perfect ever since.

My OB was here this morning and so we got to see her for the first time since being admitted due to the holiday.  It was great to see her just to have someone who knows us and Reagan.  We attempted a test to evaluate the amniotic fluid to determine if Reagan's lungs are ready or not, but weren't able to get an adequate sample so we're going to wait on that.

As of right now Reagan looks like she's doing really well.  She's making plenty of her own amniotic fluid right now and is currently kicking the heck out of the monitors that are tracking her progress.

I've had some occasional contractions but nothing with any intensity or regularity.

What the doctors are saying:
  • Reagan can come any day she wants, and when she does, it will most likely be quickly.  My OB is happy to let me deliver any time and has again reassured me that we are in a good place with Reagan's progress.
  • I will not be going beyond 34 weeks.  If we hit the 34 week mark and I haven't progressed any we will induce because the risk of infection is too great for mother and baby to outweigh the danger of coming early
  • The pharmacist in me has asked to switch up my antibiotics to a more "up to date" regimen.  The drugs that had me on work just fine, but have a few more side effects....I bet the docs LOVE having a pharmacist for a patient  ;-)
Mom and Dad are in a much more comfortable place as far as Reagan's safety is concerned.  I spent a ton of time last night researching caring for a premie as well as informing myself as much as possible about what to expect during these next couple of days.

I think my body is on mommy time already.  I sleep for about 2-3 hours and then am wide awake for an hour or so and do that pretty much all day and night.  Probably why I got so much "research" done last night.

Larry and I are so comforted by all your thoughts and prayers.  In fact, last night Larry was commenting on how truly amazing the number of people that were praying for us and little Reagan.  The Lord has given us so much peace and confidence over the last 24 hours and we know that it is in part to your prayer!  We have truly great friends and family and feel blessed beyond anything we deserve.

We love you all!

2 comments:

  1. We've been praying for you all. Please keep us posted on your progress! Prayers for you all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for you guys!! How many weeks are you? Why is Reagan coming so early?

    ReplyDelete