Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Progress?

Well its hard to tell....

I can say that I've had way more contractions this morning/yesterday than I did at the same time the previous 24 hours, but they haven't had much of a pattern that i can tell and still seem to be pretty random.  The nurses say that can stay like that for days or they could organize quickly and she could come today, so who knows.

My doctor and my "maternal instincts", for what that is worth, feels completely comfortable with her coming.  I'm so torn between wanting her here (and for something to happen besides sitting around) and wanting her to stay nice and safe inside of me.  Which I know, is getting more dangerous each day so that is becoming less and less of a comfort for me.

Random thought:  I am way too impatient to be an OB doctor.  I would probably want to induce everyone just to get the show on the road!  Or, have a ton of patients so that there was always someone having their baby....probably not as great for the home life.

Larry is not a good sit around and do nothing kinda guy.  LOVE this about him around the house, cause he's always up and getting this project or that project done.  Its a little more difficult for him in this situation because he does not want to leave our side on one hand but on the other, needs something to do!  Thankfully some of his sweet friends came and took him out to dinner last night to kinda get a change of pace and talk about something else other than NICU preemie babies and contracting wives.  He's also going to go back to work this morning, which we're both sure is going to send me into labor.  He's only 20 minutes away so he can be here at a moment's notice when we get closer.

Reagan is doing fantastic.  We haven't had any scares with her heart rate or movement.  She is still not used to her monitors and plays with them regularly.  To her mother, she already seems to have such a little personality and she seems just as sweet as she is determined.  She really doesn't kick back when we mess with her little feet or booty, but almost seems to be playing back with you.  She also doesn't give up until she is in the exact spot she wants to be or has gotten me to move in a way that she can be in her most preferred spot.  This might sound totally crazy, but I'm going to pull the preterm preggo, sittin around doing nothing else card on this one =)

Probably one of the most challenging thing has been wrapping my mind around having a baby within days.  I really thought I had at least another month to finish reading books about breastfeeding, make decisions about birth plans, finish the nursery and get things squared away at work.  I'd much rather her have waited to her due date so we wouldn't have to go through all this worry, but I take comfort though that the Lord knows what He is doing and His timing is perfection.

That being said I have come up with a few benefits of giving birth early.  I know He has way more in-depth reasons for having Reagan come early than what my human mind can imagine, but I made a feeble attempt anyway:

I get to avoid stretch marks that everyone says pops up in the last few weeks of pregnancy

I get to avoid the last 2 months of pregnancy discomfort.....enough said

No more heartburn...see previous

I am forced to hand my job over completely and can't agonize about this detail or that detail before my departure..thank you Lord

I get to learn how to accept help and rely on others which is a big struggle for me

I have been able to see people's beautiful spirits of servitude and generosity

I have been convicted that my prayer life could use some improvement....nothing like a crisis to realize how beautiful a relationship with my Father I'm given that I can sometimes take for granted

I have been able to see how many GREAT friends that Larry and I have

I have been able to see in yet another way what an AMAZING husband I have, and there is no one else on earth that I'd rather go through something like this with.


Thank you all again for keeping up with us.  We are strengthened by your thoughts and prayers and are hopeful for another uneventful day!


No comments:

Post a Comment