Monday, October 4, 2010

Girls just wanna have fun....

What a fantastic start to a birthday week!  Larry worked this weekend and I had to take an exam in Houston so without hesitation I called my best friend Sara to see if I could stay with her and make a weekend of it.  One of the most difficult things about leaving Houston was leaving Sara, and I was really looking forward to a girls weekend.

Many people consider Sara their best friend. In fact, I always joke with her that when she gets married her bridal party will wrap around the church!  Her groom will have to ask every male he's ever known just to make it even.  If you meet Sara you know exactly why this is so.  She is one of the most genuine, good-hearted people you will ever meet, and boy does she know how to turn on the Southern Hospitality!  You never leave her house hungry (or thirsty) for that matter.  She is wise way beyond her years and always sees the big picture.  I can depend on her for anything and she's always got my back.
I was trying to think about what my favorite thing about her was, but I can only narrow it down to three: First, that she has a great heart for the Lord and does His work to the best of herself.  I know He is so proud of her and what she means to so many people.  Second, that she sees in me and appreciates the things about me that really matter and doesn't hesistate to encourage me in them.  Third, Sara has a way of...keeping me down to earth....If ever I start taking myself too seriously all I need is a dinner with Sara to right that one.  She never misses an opportunity to point out the humor in a situation (usually about something I did in those carefree college days) and I love her DEARLY for this. 

Sara and I with our other bestie Bekki

Well in true southern hospitality form, I was greeted in Sara's home with wine, cheese, and fruit as we sat on her patio and enjoyed the GORGEOUS fall weather.  We were both so tired from our weeks and decided to get to bed early.  I had my exam in the morning and she was doing one of her million service projects Race for the Cure.

Saturday after my test, I was ready to shake all that stress.  Sara lives a great live in one of the coolest and  most eclectic parts of Houston, Montrose.  There are so many awesome restraunts shops and businesses in walking distance and lots of young professional types inhabiting the 70-100 year old homes in the area.  We dined a lot...and took a million pictures....here are some of the highlights:


We're so old now, we almost went home before dinner!

Check out this birthday treat!  Cherry cotton candy!




I wanted my all time favorite Creme Brulee=)

Haha its just chocolate...

Baba Yegas.....I can't recommend this place enough!  Best brunch ever!!!

I also ran down to make a quick stop at First Colony Church of Christ and grabbed a quick treat with a BEAUTIFUL woman in Christ, and also my mentor, Sheila.  Sheila is a whole blog post by herself so I'll just post this picture for now.



I'm feeling particularily inspired by our Lord this week so I'll leave you with one of my favorite verses that keeps me motivated.

Love to you all!
For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of
power, of love and of self-discipline.
2 Timothy 1.7

No comments:

Post a Comment