Monday, October 11, 2010

All you need is LOVE

This past week was my birthday, and as spoiled as it is, I have been known to celebrate my birthday all month long.  I take birthdays VERY seriously and this one was no different.

I was woken by the beautiful aroma of a spiced pumpkin latte in bed and my wonderful husband who knows me OH so well scheduled me a massage and a mani/pedi.  HUGE brownie points!!!  Plus I got these gorgeous things....
 

Then we went to Christopher's and I had my all time favorite "South American Marinated Beef."  I wish I knew how to describe this delectable treat, but all I can muster is yuuummmmmm, so I'll let them.:

"Grilled beef tenderloin tip marinated in cilantro chimichurri on spring vegetable enchilada with roasted serrano butter sauce "

AKA: gourmet steak and enchiladas......need I say more???  Then they presented me with two desserts!

What an awesome birthday day thanks to Larry.  As great as all the pampering and feasting was, my favorite part of the whole day was chatting with him over dinner....It could have been Whataburger (I may have been equally excited about french fries) and I would have been just as thrilled.

Also, many thanks goes to my family and friends for all the emails, phone calls, and facebook posts.  You all make my life so full and I'm humbled by all the LOVE!

I happen to share a birthday month AND week (usually) with a pretty special guy.  My father-in-law just celebrated his birthday so Larry and I decided to head to Lampasas to visit and have a co-celebration.  Papa Love and Mimi are the proudest grandparents I know and we were lucky enough to steal a weekend with them that they weren't already spending spoiling Ewan.  I can't blame them...I can't resist that little man either!!!

I was thrilled to watch Papa Love coach the Lampasas Badger football team against Burnett.  Its the first time I've ever gotten to see him coach, not to mention the first high school football game I've been to in 10 years!  Brought back a lot of fun memories.....and yes, parents are still as CRAZY as ever....at times you would have thought these kids were playing for the Superbowl!  At least it was entertaining.



 
Two things I learned about my in-laws that I didn't already know, but should have:  1)  If there was ever any doubt, Papa Love is in his element coaching.  He's a natural leader, cool, calm, and collected, and those kids respect him.  2) Larry says his mom was/is the meanest teacher in school.  This I find hard to believe especially since about 30 kids came up to, yelled hello, or hugged Margaret as she made her way to and from the football game.  My heart swells as I think about what an impact Margaret and Larry have on those kids.  Kinda made me want to be a teacher for a second.....than I remembered that this was me I was talking about and just ask Larry.....NO patience in that area.  Mega praise to those two....plus they raised a pretty incredible son!!!

We capped off the weekend as we usually do with our spare time these days......house projects.....This weekend it was painting the living room/ kitchen. Larry racked up some more of those brownie points by skipping hunting Sunday night to help me get it knocked out!

Sorry pea green/terra cotta orange with red curtains....you're outta here!!!
Talk about LOVE!


Dear children, let us not love with words or tongue but with actions and in truth.
1 John 3:18


No comments:

Post a Comment