Friday, December 30, 2011

Holiday Wrap Up

What a really fun time to be a new parent!  The holiday season is filled with so much love and joy and we are so blessed to have such incredible people to share it with.  I find myself so excited and optimistic for the future and feel so humbled God has given us so much to be thankful for!

We have been keeping Reagan pretty buttoned down as RSV season is gearing up.  Getting RSV is dangerous for any baby, but Reagan being a preemie puts her at a higher risk and we are doing everything we can to keep sickness at bay.  It is so easy to forget because she is doing so well!  At her 3 month appointment she was 11lbs and 23 inches! 

We did manage to spend as much time as possible with our families.  I'm so grateful to have such an amazing support system.  Everyone got flu shots and put up with our endless "is anyone sick" questions.  THANK YOU!

Our holidays can be best summed up in photos:

Reagan met her friend Tate!  We could hope for a marriage here but most likely these two will grow up more like brother and sister =).  Reagan had a hard time staying awake.

Mom got to go to the (disappointing) Texas A&M UT game so we had a little Thanksgiving at home

We also made it to Mimi and Papa's for a beautiful Thanksgiving and got a picture with our Nana(great-grandma) and cousins

 Grant and Katelyn came for a visit and Reagan finally fit into the hat Kate made her!  Check out her Etsy store...she has such precious stuff!
 I love this picture cause you can see Kate taking pictures.  She is so good at documenting her life...something I aspire to in 2012!
Bekki and Sara came to see us twice.  I treasure these two more than I can express in words.  They are my sisters....'nuff said.
Beautiful Bekki.  Reagan and her had a special bond.  I can't wait to see her and Alan as parents one day!
I love this picture of Sara!  Fits her perfectly!!
Reagan at 3 months old
 Merry Christmas Everyone!


My sweet friend Mary Kathryn had the great idea to make ornaments for the grandparents...it wasn't easy with a 2 month old but we got a few!



Nothing will make you appreciate your mom like having a new baby around.  She has been an overwhelming blessing to us!

Mom, Trevor, and his beautiful girlfriend Martha.  We love spending time with these guys!



As per tradition I read the story of Jesus' birth Christmas Eve.  I found myself overwhelmed with emotion this year as the story brought on a whole new meaning having a child of my own. 

"But Mary treasured up all these things and pondered them in her heart." - Luke 2:19
How Mary must have felt looking down on THE perfect baby.

What a blessed holiday season!


No comments:

Post a Comment