Monday, November 14, 2011

2 months

Reagan and I have been home for a little over a month and I can't believe how much she is growing and changing every day!  We seem to be finally getting into a little bit of a routine at home.  The days still seem to fly by and I'm always very proud of myself if I can get just one thing done!

We had our 2 month well visit and it went great!
Her current stats:
Weight 8lbs 5oz (5th percentile, 75th percentile for preemies her age)
Height 21 inches (10th percentile, 80th percentile for preemies her age)
Weight for heighth: 50th percentile up from 5th last month!  She's gaining folks!
Reagan is officially out of preemie clothes.  Made me a little sad to put them away.  Its hard for me to remember that she was ever that little.  She has doubled her birth weight and is doing so well!

The doctor was really happy with her development.  She's right on track as she should be for a 2 month old....she's just tiny!  She's grabbing and batting at the toys above her, doing the "superman" trying to roll over, and pushing off our hands to try to scooch places.


That sweet girl had already smiled at my mom and Larry, but hadn't smiled at me yet.  Then on the day of her 2 month mark she looked at me (all cross-eyed) and then gave me the cutest crooked little grin!  Melt my heart!  Since then she has given us a few more.  We can't wait until we get them all the time!
We had her 2 month vaccinations and she only cried on the last one...I mean a girl can only be tough for so long!  We also got approved for the RSV vaccine which will make me breathe a little easier through the holidays.  Its a very expensive shot (~$2500/month) so you have to get insurance approval, and we did through December but not without a little fight....Now that she has this vaccine and is doing so well we are able to get out and about a bit more.  We had already been going to the park and getting some fresh air, but now we are able to run errands. She did great on her grocery store trip and received lots of attention!  I've had to ask people to give her some space a couple of times.  I always hate to do that, but her health comes first!



She is such an incredibily easy baby. She really only fusses when she's hungry and sleeps really well...just not for very long. We still get up every three hours on the dot! I think her NICU stay made her very regimented...hopefully we will start getting some longer stretches of sleep in soon.

She loves her bath so much.  I got a few pictures...they crack me up!




One of my very best friends Bekki and her husband Alan gave us a newborn session with the very talented Stephanie of Stephanie Shirley Photography.  Her newborn session was really a 6 week session, but she was newborn size so we went with it!






I often have moments that steal my breath away.  I can't believe this is my life and how lucky I am to have it.  I look at my husband holding our girl and wonder how on earth God saw fit to give me so much in life I don't deserve.

Love my girl and thank you Reagan for not peeing on our bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment