Monday, May 16, 2011

How we told Gma/Gpa Young and Uncle Trevor

I have been trying to figure out how we are going to start telling our family and friends.  Part of me loves this time where our precious baby is Larry and my little secret (that is now the size of a poppy seed), and the first trimester can be very unpredictable.  However I really need our family's support and I wanted to be able to tell each one in person.  The first chance I was going to have to tell my mom was a weekend that I was bringing this wild man to my mom so she could "fix" him.

Have no fear, his procedure didn't slow him down a bit....he's still vicious ;-)

Friday night at dinner was so hard for me to keep it in, but my mom's friend Bekki joined us and I wanted to tell my mom in private.  We had a great dinner and shared so many laughs.  I almost forgot about all the stretching and cramping that I have been experiencing since about a week before I found out I was pregnant.

Saturday I met mom after work to pick up Calvin & the dogs, see her new clinic, and take her to lunch.  I wrapped a baby bib in a gift bag which I handed to her when she got in the car to go to lunch.  As she pulled it out and read what it said, she got really confused and asked if it was from the dogs........uh, no mom.  Then it all hit her at once, that she was going to be a grandma! 

Just a few days later Larry and I were headed to Salt Lake City, UT for a ski vacation with my dad and brother.  Dad had a minimally invasive surgery conference and had invited all of us to join him and spend a few days hitting the slopes.  Thankfully I got the go-ahead from my doctor to ski as long as I didn't do anything crazy.  The first night for dinner we went to a Brazilian steakhouse.  No one seemed to notice me not having cocktails.  As everyone received their drinks, I suggested a toast to dad for making our trip possible and then added congratulations to dad who will be a grandfather, Trevor who will be an uncle and Larry who will be a father.  Dad and Trevor seemed pretty shocked and then dad said "Well, I guess you're done!"  I was taken back by his response until he added "I'm just going to spoil that baby now!"  Larry and I are DONE if this baby is a girl.  She'll be so spoiled, and we won't be able to do anything about it.

I am feeling so incredibly blessed.  My heart is so full of joy and praise for our Father in heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment