Monday, May 16, 2011

The day our lives changed forever

Today is a day that I'll remember for the rest of my life.  Although I most likely won't post this for a month or so, I want to remember the very day (early morning) that Larry and I found out that we are expecting!  My heart is so full and I am literally bubbling over with praise and thanksgiving to God.  Since about November Larry and I have been "trying" to get pregnant.  I must say that although many couples wait much longer than this, I was starting to get discouraged.  My husband has been so supportive through all of this and has really helped me keep my eyes on the Lord and to remember that His plan is perfect and He is good! 

I have definitely been feeling the effects of early pregnancy.  My first clue should have been when the other day I ran by the store to pick up a few groceries for dinner came home plopped on the chair and slept for 3 hours.  When I woke up there was a bag full of melted ice cream and no-longer frozen peaches....I got that cleaned up and put away...go back to bed for a full night of sleep and then woke up realizing I forgot to put the sausage up!  Maybe its God trying to tell me to eat healthier! I'm having a little nausea, which I'm hoping doesn't get much worse, but other than that, I'm so happy it covers anything else right up.

To the little child growing inside me right now:  Your father and I couldn't be more excited about you.  We are praying daily for your growth and development, that God protect you from anything that could cause you harm, that somehow in the next nine months that we can grow into capable, God-centered parents for you.  We love you.  Cricket isn't so sure about you yet.....she's not sure she wants to share.  She'll come around...

Now...how are we going to tell your grandparents?

For this child (we) prayed.
1 Samuel 1:27

2 comments:

  1. loved the groceries story, bionic fatigue is what one of my books called those early weeks ;).

    ReplyDelete
  2. CONGRATULATIONS!!! I'm so happy for you guys!

    ReplyDelete