Sunday, September 19, 2010

Blogging...don't you need a kid???

We are so excited to start this blog!  Well mostly me, Larry just smiles and chuckles when I talk about the MAJOR decisions that have to be made.  What to call it, the design, etc.  You get the picture....

Me = pumped.  Larry = supportive, but all the while hoping none of his friends happen upon this and see how silly I can be =) 

Secretly I've been wanting to blog for a long time.  Its a great way to keep up with friends and family as well as an easy to organize online scrapbook.  I mean I read all sorts of people's blogs and love every minute of it.  But as I was thinking of starting my own I realized one significant difference between me and my blogging buddies....KIDS!  So I'd like to give a quick shout-out to Bekki Watts and Katelyn Taylor for showing me that even though we don't have kids yet we can still be interesting (well my mom thinks I'm pretty dang interesting)

So here we go!!!
Update for those that I haven't seen/heard from us in a while:
BIG CHANGES - after Larry and I finally finished pharmacy school and my year of indentured servitude...err residency...was over, we had some major decisions to make.  Where were we going to start our "real" lives?  We had a WONDERFUL life in Houston, Larry had a great job, we had great friends and most of all an amazing church family where my personal relationship with Christ had really matured.  I can't tell you what these people mean to us....I mean how could we bare to leave all that?!?  But there was something tugging at both of our hearts to be open to where God would lead us.  Now you have to know that Larry and I are more of the simple type and the hustle and bustle of Houston really got to Larry.  I mean I was commuting 45 minutes both ways in traffic (for a grand total of 8 miles) and Larry was commuting any where from 1-2 hours both ways doing his consulting work.  For a hunter/fisher guy this is not ideal, so I began looking around for a job in a place that was large enough to support a clinical pharmacist yet small enough that we could live a little "country."
See what I mean.....

Well when the Lord answers a prayer he sure does it with flare doesn't he!?!?!  Not only did he open the door to an awesome job that suited me perfectly, that job was in College Station, Texas!!! 

WHOOP!

Plenty of country livin' around here!  So we said some really hard "see you soons" loaded up the pups and headed west.  We also took the plunge and bought our first house!  Its on 1.5 acres with plenty of room for guests!
More details of that to come soon.

So here we are, happy wife, happy hunter, happy pups.



And a new addition to the family....Larry is so thrilled about this...


We love you all so much, and can't wait to hear from you soon!

"The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases.
His mercies never come to an end.
They are new every morning.
Great is thy faithfulness." (Lamentations 3:22-23 RSV)

1 comment:

  1. Great first blog! Cutest kiddos EVER. Trust me. You'll be 'Blogger of Note' in a matter of minutes if you keep rockin' all those cute kiddie pics and inspirational Bible verses. And, for what it's worth, I think you are super awesome AND interesting I can't wait to read more of your adventures. XO

    ReplyDelete