Sunday, January 15, 2012

F-O-U-R

My baby is 4 months old!

Current stats: 12lb 7oz - 24th percentile
24 inches - 26th percentile
(but 90th percentile for both compared to other preemies her age!)

My girl is catching up.
Her doctor is really proud of her progress and so far we have not really had any developmental delays. I guess no one told her she was a preemie =)

Her new "tricks"
Rolling over - she did this pretty soon after she turned 3 months old (of course not in front of me) and has been perfecting her technique ever since.
Chatting - we have regular chats that only she and I understand
Mimicking - this is done strictly for her father.  if he oohs she oohs; he aahs she aahs...you get the picture.

She still is one of the happiest babies I've ever been around.  She is sleeping through the night and naps well during the day.  Although, she does have her daddy's preference for late nights.  We rarely get her in bed before 10:30!  She loves to stand and gets really proud of herself.  She loves new people and smiles at everyone she meets.  When she gets really happy she wrinkles up her nose and squeals...its the most precious!

We recently went to Floresville to spend a weekend with Grandmama for a change.  Reagan hadn't yet met her great-grandmother and since travelling can be difficult on her we thought it would be a great time for Reagan's first overnight trip.

Oh, the lessons learned being a first time mom....
Reagan had her 4 month shots the Friday we left and although they made her fussy before I wasn't prepared for the 12 hours that were to follow.  You see, I had gone back to work that week and was horrified by all the sick people at work!  Here I was getting nannies to come to the house to keep Reagan out of daycare and I am basically walking though a minefield of disease!  Even with my best efforts of hand washing and staying away from as many people as I could, Friday morning she and I both woke up congested.  Well by the time we got to her doctor's appointment she still didn't have any kind of fever so they decided to give her her shots anyway....lesson learned.  That poor baby got so sick that night, fever of 102 and tylenol around the clock, all led up to a very tired mommy and daddy.    That precious heart though, even when she was miserable and crying, she still would do her best to smile at us in between sobs.

When we all got rested and were feeling better we got the chance to meet up with Kim and her daughter Braelyn who LOVES babies.  The second she saw Reagan she kept saying "hold me" "hold me"....clearly wanting to tote Reagan around like one of her dolls.  Reagan was absolutely fascinated by Braelyn.  Isn't it funny how kids are so enamored with other kids?  We loved our short time with them and Reagan had her first experience with grass.  She loved the texture on her feet and kept stomping in it.
It was so wonderful to see Great-grandma with Reagan.  She absolutely adores babies and showered us with love and compliments.  She read Reagan a story at breakfast and I will always treasure those moments.
Four Generations

Mom made her wedding dress into a baby gown.  Such a special keepsake.

This month has been quite an adjustment.  I've gone back to work, which couldn't be more difficult.  I feel convicted to be there though.  I'm not sure what the Lord has in store for our family, but its clear he has me where he wants me for now.  So I'm now finding the ever elusive life balance.  I will say one thing positive about working, it makes coming home that much sweeter.  I often wonder what I used to do with my time...it certainly wasn't as worthwhile as it is now.

1 comment:

  1. Bless your heart! :)

    You are experiencing what is called mommy-guilt and it will never ever go away no matter what you are doing! I am a mostly stay at home mom and I have felt guilt that I wasn't PROVIDING enough! (Crazy talk, I know!) You are doing a great job and only you know what is best for you and your family. Don't compare yourself to others and ignore any judgements you may hear...it is all invalid because no one could be Reagan's mama like you!

    Sweet pics by the way...what a beautiful baby you've got!

    ReplyDelete