Monday, July 25, 2011

26 Weeks!

I love being pregnant!  Sure there are discomforts and lets just not think too hard about that first trimester, but when it comes down to it, every time my sweet baby kicks I fall a little more in love with her.  I am so thankful to God for giving me this precious gift and I look forward to holding my little girl in my arms.  Her dad is pretty excited too.  I think we both longingly look at every mom/dad with their little girl knowing that's going to be us soon.  Its amazing how quickly this pregnancy has gone.  Part of that is because we've been so incredibly busy!

So to catch everyone up to speed on all the baby progress:

Her name:  Reagan Elizabeth Lovett.  My mom likes to think Elizabeth is after a great great aunt and my dad likes to think that Reagan is after our past president.  Neither are completely true, but hey, sounds like two great people for her legacy!  Reagan came to us pretty quickly once we found out we were pregnant.  It fits our family's personality if that makes any sense.  Elizabeth was a half joking suggestion from my sis-in-law, however it flowed really well and I was looking for a really feminine middle name to balance out what could be a "gender neutral" first name.  I really struggled with if that was "the name," but after a dream I had where she was called Reagan Elizabeth, I was convinced. 

Baby room:  I really had a hard time figuring out what her room was going to look like.  I am so excited about having a girl, but a little less excited about the barrage of pink that comes with it.  I'm just not a pink girl.  She may be the girliest princess ever, but I'm just going to let her decide that on her own.  While I make the decisions (I'm painfully aware this may not last long), we're going to go with something a little less pink.  For some reason the pink clothes don't bother me a bit, in fact I love them!  I think I just wanted to walk into a room everyday that fits me too.  She may have issues when she gets older...you'll know who to blame ;-)
The theme is primary colors in geometric shapes.  A little different I know, but hey, different is good...right???
Artwork to go above her bed

Her crib =)...Thanks Grandma Young!

 Bedding choices, we are going with the 3ed one from the top

 Craigslist find:  Dresser and mirror.  I got yellow knobs for the dresser and will be painting this a pewter patina to hopefully turn out with this type of finish....

So slowly but surely this room is coming together.

The belly:  Here it is folks.....getting bigger by the day =)
I think this actually 23 weeks, but I haven't been the best at taking photos like I should and my phone pics got deleted, so this will have to do =)

I love my sweet Reagan, and my God who has blessed me beyond words.




4 comments:

  1. Beautiful choices! You look fabulousy gorgeous Skip! XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the decor! Can't wait to see pics of the finished product!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so excited for ya'll! What an awesome baby room.. I like the idea of not too girly either.. it has style like her momma!

    ReplyDelete